Moss Brothers Limited were weavers and converters of Corduroy and Moleskin fabric since the middle of the 19th century. Around the turn of the century and fearing the prospect of a monopoly in the dyeing trade from The English Velvet Cord Dyeing Company, Moss Brothers Limited who had the largest cutting and dyeing production in the district and several other local clothing companies came together, on 13th February 1901 The English Fustian Manufacturing Company Ltd was formed.
Over the following decades the EFMC became a fully vertical operation incorporating Spinning, Weaving, Dyeing, Clothing Manufacture and Retail outlets.
There have been many changes that have occurred within the Textile Industry and indeed Brisbane Moss has undergone a number of these and will continue to offer a range of traditional qualities from stock along with new and exciting fabrics for many years to come.
Corduroy and Moleskin Fabrics
Pecket Well Mill opens, formerly know as Pecket Well Shed, it employs 150 people from surrounding farmsteads.
A fire destroys part of Bridgeroyd Mill, production continues and a few years later the Mill had doubled in size.
The Directors of the English Fustian Manufacturing Company.
Early Fustian loom with crankshaft picking from Platt Bros. Oldham installed at Pecket Well Mill.
Cornelius Giblin working automated Nortrop Loom.
Moss Brothers merge with Brisbane Jones to form Brisbane Moss.
Automated cutting machines operating at Bridgeroyd Works.
Brisbane Moss presented with the Queens Award for Export 2004, subsequently awarded again in 2012.